Dentures are made to replace missing teeth. They can be complete or partial depending on the number of teeth missing.
When do you need a new denture?
- your dentures click when you're talking
- your dentures tend to slip, or you feel they no longer fit properly
- your dentures feel uncomfortable
- your dentures are visibly worn
- you have signs of gum disease or decaying teeth
If poorly fitting or worn dentures are not replaced, they can cause great discomfort and lead to mouth sores and damage to the soft tissues of your mouth. Dentures last several years if looked after properly, but do need changing because your gums and jawbone continually change.